Although the Toastmasters International educational series was originally slated for the traditional program that ended in June 2020, many of these educational presentations can be repurposed as a training session for your club. It adds variety to your club meetings and allows members to focus on one or more specific topics.
The Better Speaker Series are designed as 10 -15 minute educational speeches to be given in your club. They give practical tips that can be of benefit to all members.
The series include:
- Beginning Your Speech – suggestions for starting off your speech the right way.
- Concluding Your Speech – useful tips for ending your speech with power.
- Controlling Your Fear – techniques for overcoming nervousness when speaking.
- Impromptu Speaking – don’t be caught off balance when speaking off-the-cuff!
- Selecting Your Topic – running out of speech ideas? Here’s how to develop new ones.
- Know Your Audience – if you can relate to your audience, they will relate to you.
- Organizing Your Speech – once you know what to say, consider when and how to say it.
- Creating an Introduction – great introductions should precede great speeches.
- Preparation and Practice – covers techniques for preparing and rehearsing your next speech.
- Using Body Language – tips for incorporating body language into speeches.
The Successful Club Series addresses the quality of club meetings and offer tips on attracting and maintaining members.
The series include:
- Moments of Truth – how to recognize and deal with situations critical to club success, from a visitor’s first impression to recognition of member achievement.
- Finding New Members for Your Club – proven methods to help you seek out those vital new members, the lifeblood of every club.
- Evaluate to Motivate – your club members will learn to give evaluations that benefit the speaker, the evaluator and the audience.
- Closing the Sale – exercise your powers of persuasion during those moments when a guest is deciding to join.
- Creating the Best Club Climate – proven techniques for creating and maintaining a positive, healthy and supportive club environment.
- Meeting Roles and Responsibilities – shows how members can successfully fulfill each meeting role with style and enthusiasm.
- Mentoring – this program defines mentoring, explains benefits and discusses responsibilities of mentors.
- Keeping the Commitment – discusses the 10 standards that comprise “A Toastmasters Promise”.
- Going beyond the Club – find out about learning and leadership opportunities available to members in addition to regular club
meetings and activities.
- How to be a Distinguished Club – explains and helps promote the Distinguished Club Program to club members.
The Success Leadership and Success Communication Series – are workshops to help develop and practice skills in leadership, public speaking, conducting meetings, parliamentary procedure, listening, evaluation and creative thinking. Presentations vary in length and last between one and three hours. These resources must be purchased online from Toastmasters International.