Jo A. Idoux, DTM, District Director
Events by this organizer
District Council Meeting Meeting Registration: Required for all District Council Members. A meeting invite will be sent out with the registration link by August 23rd. Meeting Live Broadcast: This meeting
District Council Meeting
Meeting Registration: Required for all District Council Members. A meeting invite will be sent out with the registration link by August 23rd.
Meeting Live Broadcast: This meeting will be livestreamed to the District 56 Facebook channel for all our members.
The District Council—which includes the District Executive Committee members, Club Presidents, and Vice Presidents Education—serves as the administrative governing body of the District. The District Executive Committee includes the Senior 7, Division Directors, and Area Directors.
The District Council holds at least two regular meetings during the program year. The first required meeting occurs as soon as practical after the Toastmasters International Annual Business Meeting but no later that September 30 to approve the District budget and appointed officers. The other meeting is held between March 15 and June 1.
District Council Meeting (via teleconference, video conference and/or any form of live chat tools) must meet the following:
- Notification – Four weeks prior to the vote, notify the District Council when the virtual meeting and vote will be taking place. (Budget is not required to be posted at this time)
- Agenda – Two weeks prior to the vote, post the proposed agenda item(s) (for example, the District budget or appointees) for the District Council. (Budget must be posted by this time). If you prefer not to follow the standard District Council meeting agenda, per Protocol 7.1, you may post an abridged or shortened agenda. However, the adjusted agenda must be communicated to the members of the District Council.
- Conduct a virtual meeting – Have your meeting and vote on the same date, but do not begin voting until the discussion has concluded. Present the agenda item(s) (for example, the District budget) to the District Council and provide time for council members to discuss. To register voters, you will need to survey who will be attending the meeting. The club officer list can be used to obtain the officer’s email address to distribute the survey. This determines the number of Club Presidents and Vice Presidents Education who will be in attendance to see if quorum is met. If you do not have a quorum, still conduct the meeting and vote, then the decision must be approved in writing, personally, by mail, fax, e-mail, electronic transmission or other reasonable means, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the member clubs in the District on the basis of two (2) votes per club, per Article X, Section C, of the District Administration Bylaws. If the budget is not approved, you have 10 days to adjust and republish. Then, no sooner than 14 days and no later than 21 days, conduct another meeting and vote.
- Vote – If the vote takes place during the virtual meeting, the results are announced during the meeting and are final. If the vote is not taking place during the virtual meeting, the vote should be set for a finite amount of time (it is recommended to keep the voting period open for no more than 24 hours). If you do not have a quorum, still conduct the meeting and vote, then the decision must be approved in writing, personally, by mail, fax, e-mail, electronic transmission or other reasonable means, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the member clubs in the District on the basis of two (2) votes per club. When the voting process is conducted virtually, no proxies will be permitted. Each District Council member must cast their own vote. District Executive Committee members are entitled to one vote and may cast up to two additional votes as a Club President or Vice President Education. All other members of the District Council shall be limited to a maximum of two votes.
- Submit Budget – The District budget (approved by the District Council) is submitted to World Headquarters by September 30.
(Monday) 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Jo A. Idoux, DTM, District Director[email protected]