Smedley Award Membership-Building Program Program Dates: August 1 – September 30 Can your club add five new, dual, or reinstated members with a join date between August 1
Smedley Award Membership-Building Program
Program Dates: August 1 – September 30
Can your club add five new, dual, or reinstated members with a join date between August 1 and September 30? Accomplish this goal and you’ll qualify to receive a Smedley Award ribbon, named in honor of Ralph Smedley, which you can display on your club’s banner. Qualifying clubs can also earn a special discount code for 10% off their next club order. (The discount code expires six months from the date of issue and is not valid with any other offer.)
Applications and payments for members with a join date between August 1 and September 30 must be received at World Headquarters or online no later than September 30. The addition of transfer and charter members does not count toward Smedley Award credit.
Toastmasters International will announce the winning clubs online within a few weeks of the contest ending. Winning clubs should allow up to 10 business days to receive their award from Toastmasters International.
Visit District 56 Incentive page for additional incentives.
What’s in it for your club?
- More people can fill meeting and officer roles
- No one member is overburdened with responsibilities
- Meetings are more fun, because more people are involved
- It’s easier for a club to help members meet their educational needs
- More members means more people benefiting from Toastmasters!
- Ribbon for your club banner!
Step Up, Speak Out, Have Fun!
August 1 (Sunday) - September 30 (Thursday)
District Council Meeting Meeting Registration: Required for all District Council Members. A meeting invite will be sent out with the registration link by August 23rd. Meeting Live Broadcast: This meeting
District Council Meeting
Meeting Registration: Required for all District Council Members. A meeting invite will be sent out with the registration link by August 23rd.
Meeting Live Broadcast: This meeting will be livestreamed to the District 56 Facebook channel for all our members.
The District Council—which includes the District Executive Committee members, Club Presidents, and Vice Presidents Education—serves as the administrative governing body of the District. The District Executive Committee includes the Senior 7, Division Directors, and Area Directors.
The District Council holds at least two regular meetings during the program year. The first required meeting occurs as soon as practical after the Toastmasters International Annual Business Meeting but no later that September 30 to approve the District budget and appointed officers. The other meeting is held between March 15 and June 1.
District Council Meeting (via teleconference, video conference and/or any form of live chat tools) must meet the following:
- Notification – Four weeks prior to the vote, notify the District Council when the virtual meeting and vote will be taking place. (Budget is not required to be posted at this time)
- Agenda – Two weeks prior to the vote, post the proposed agenda item(s) (for example, the District budget or appointees) for the District Council. (Budget must be posted by this time). If you prefer not to follow the standard District Council meeting agenda, per Protocol 7.1, you may post an abridged or shortened agenda. However, the adjusted agenda must be communicated to the members of the District Council.
- Conduct a virtual meeting – Have your meeting and vote on the same date, but do not begin voting until the discussion has concluded. Present the agenda item(s) (for example, the District budget) to the District Council and provide time for council members to discuss. To register voters, you will need to survey who will be attending the meeting. The club officer list can be used to obtain the officer’s email address to distribute the survey. This determines the number of Club Presidents and Vice Presidents Education who will be in attendance to see if quorum is met. If you do not have a quorum, still conduct the meeting and vote, then the decision must be approved in writing, personally, by mail, fax, e-mail, electronic transmission or other reasonable means, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the member clubs in the District on the basis of two (2) votes per club, per Article X, Section C, of the District Administration Bylaws. If the budget is not approved, you have 10 days to adjust and republish. Then, no sooner than 14 days and no later than 21 days, conduct another meeting and vote.
- Vote – If the vote takes place during the virtual meeting, the results are announced during the meeting and are final. If the vote is not taking place during the virtual meeting, the vote should be set for a finite amount of time (it is recommended to keep the voting period open for no more than 24 hours). If you do not have a quorum, still conduct the meeting and vote, then the decision must be approved in writing, personally, by mail, fax, e-mail, electronic transmission or other reasonable means, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the member clubs in the District on the basis of two (2) votes per club. When the voting process is conducted virtually, no proxies will be permitted. Each District Council member must cast their own vote. District Executive Committee members are entitled to one vote and may cast up to two additional votes as a Club President or Vice President Education. All other members of the District Council shall be limited to a maximum of two votes.
- Submit Budget – The District budget (approved by the District Council) is submitted to World Headquarters by September 30.
(Monday) 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Jo A. Idoux, DTM, District Director[email protected]
Membership renewals for partial Goal 10 Credit in the Distinguished Club Program is due by October 1, 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time for October renewal periods, and April 1, 11:59:59 pm
Membership renewals for partial Goal 10 Credit in the Distinguished Club Program is due by October 1, 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time for October renewal periods, and April 1, 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time for April renewal periods.
Per Policy 2.0: Club and Membership Eligibility, the minimum renewal requirement is eight paid members – at least three of whom were members of the club during the previous renewal period.
Club officers can submit payments using Club Central, by mail or by fax (+1 303-799-7753).
- To pay online, log into Club Central
- All renewing members are preloaded to the Submit Payment tool by World Headquarters
- To include any new, dual, or reinstating members with the renewal payment, first associate their membership to your club using the Add Membership tool
- Once all members have been associated, select Submit Payment
- Select the membership begin and end dates for all new, dual and reinstating members
- Add all intended members to the cart
- Once the cart is ready, click “Continue to Payment Information”
- After entering the payment details and reviewing the cart for accuracy, click “Submit Payment” to finalize the transaction
Club officers may also email a renewing member list, applications for any new, dual, and reinstating members to [email protected]. Then, provide payment to Club and Member Support by phone at +1 720-439-5050 ext. 402.
Club officers are responsible for collecting and submitting member renewal payments twice a year in April and October. If a member wishes to submit their international dues directly to World Headquarters, the club officers can provide written authorization to [email protected].
For the time being, members will continue to pay Toastmasters International dues to a club officer; however, in the future, members will have the option to pay international dues by credit card via www.toastmasters.org, when verified by a club officer.
All Day (Friday)